Saturday, October 24, 2009

I love Saturdays...



Even though I am lucky enough to work from home, I find that I enjoy it when the weekends roll around as much as my husband does. There's something so incredibly comforting about knowing my family is sleeping in while I creep out of bed to get myself a cup of coffee.

I also LOVE to cook, it's a huge passion of mine and has been for quite some time. Interesting fact about me: I started a catering business when I was 19 years old! I loved it a lot but once I had my son, I found the job extremely demanding, more-so than my newborn child. So, I gave it up to focus my efforts on him.



Weekends are when I experiment in the kitchen, I sift through tons of cookbooks the way most people would the latest celebrity trash magazine. I make notes, jot down ingredients, look over my pantry and fridge contents and then I'm off to the store. This morning was not unlike most Saturday mornings, except I didn't need to rush to the store. I had everything I needed to make the most deliciously rich cinnamon sticky buns ever.

This was a culmination of two separate recipes from two different sources: Ina Garten's Easy Sticky Buns (sans nuts and raisins) and Food Network Mag's Copycat Cinnabon Cinnamon Buns. I have to say, these were incredibly easy and it's one of those perfect lazy weekend morning recipes since you usually will have (or could have should you remember to grab some puff pastry from the freezer section) the ingredients on hand.



I decided to for-go the nuts and raisins, mainly because I'm just not a fan of raisins and nuts in sweet treats...I can handle them in savory dishes but just can't do it in my sweets! I whipped up the icing from the Food Network mag and drizzled it over the hot buns.



This was definitely a sweet beginning to my weekend! What are your favorite ways to enjoy the weekend?

6 comments:

Julie Provost October 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

These look so yummy!

melissa October 24, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

yum! perfect for fall.

Marinda October 25, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

Oh man! Those look so good!!

Nicki November 10, 2009 at 4:07 PM  

making me hungry... they look fabulous!

Kim K. November 10, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

These look sooooooo yummy!!!!!!

HollyB November 13, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

Uh.... YUM!!! Can you come to Utah and make me breakfast like that? :D